Wednesday 24 February 2016

Kitty's Countryside Dream by Christie Barlow

28119698

Kitty's Countryside Dream by Christie Barlow
Published: 25th February 2016
Publisher: Bookouture
Pages: 309
Available in Paperback and on Kindle

Blurb
New home. New life. New beginning. Love affairs can blossom in the most unlikely places . . .
When Kitty inherits Bluebell Lodge from her grandmother, a farm in the beautiful Staffordshire countryside, it’s time for fresh air and a fresh start. Up to her elbows in chickens and ponies, Kitty soon realises there’s an awful lot to learn about farming. Still, at least the locals seem friendly, not least her handsome neighbour Tom…

But just as Kitty is beginning to find her feet, and the possibility of love, the discovery of a long-hidden diary, by a mysterious character called Violet changes everything. Who is Violet and what is her message for Kitty? As Kitty fills in the lost pieces of her family jigsaw and discovers some shocking revelations, will her countryside dream and blossoming relationship fall to pieces? When it comes to life in the country, nothing is ever quite as it seems …

Review

Having read and adored Christie’s first two novels last year I was eager for her next novel and what a stunner Kitty’s Countryside Dream is. Just look at that cover it’s gorgeous and it just screams spring and sunshine to me which is what I think we’re all longing for.

In Kitty’s Countryside Dream we meet the lovely Kitty who has recently lost her mother and has inherited a small flat and Bluebell Lodge a farm from her late grandmother, whom Kitty knew nothing about. With nothing to lose Kitty embraces the challenge of life in the country and heads off to the farm.  Soon she is immersed in farm and village life and feels surprisingly at home around the farm and her new friends Jeannie, Tom, Lucinda and Robin. Everything is going well until Kitty discovers an old journal from someone called Violet, who is she and how does she link to Kitty? As Kitty reads the diary her whole world is turned upside down and everything she knew is questioned, will Kitty be able to make sense of it all?

I instantly adored Kitty she seemed very determined and strong. Despite having no family support anymore she moves to a new location where she knows no-one and has no clue what will happen and throws herself wholeheartedly into everything she finds there, there is no way you would get me anywhere near a chicken! I also loved that she cares about her new friends and will instantly help them when they need her without them even asking. However I think the thing I loved most about her was her slight clumsiness. The scene where she first meets Tom and she falls over her bicycle not once but twice had me in stitches, I knew then I was going to love this book.

The other characters in this book are also lovely and I just longed to be part of their little gang. With hunky farmer Tom, the lovely Jeannie whom Kitty instantly feels close to, the lovely sweet shy Robin and Lucinda, I need her as a friend if she going to bring cake every time I see her. I also loved that despite their closeness there were a few hidden secrets among them which made for interesting reading and some comical misunderstandings along the way.

Although I loved Christie’s first two novels I think this one is my favourite. I loved that is had an element of mystery to it surrounding Kitty’s past and reading about how that unravelled was so intriguing and kept me wanting to read more.

This is a lovely novel full of friendship, funny mishaps and finding out the truth. I adored everything about it, the lovely characters, the intriguing plot and the lovely village of Rosefield. I’d recommend everyone reads this as it’s the perfect book to put you in the mood for spring and it will leave you with a warm and fuzzy glow at the end.

Thank you Christie for another fabulous read, they just keep getting better and thank you to the publishers Bookouture and Netgalley for the review copy. I give Kitty’s Countryside Dream a massive 5 stars! I just loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment